Popular Posts

Thursday, June 9, 2011

"RED FLOWERS ON HILL"



"RED FLOWERS ON HILL"

Amid the mess, here is one of my paintings: I used acrylic. Inspiration came from a cheap picture I found at one of those stores where things don't cost much. I was intrigued by the red flowers when I saw that painting since red is my favorite color--first thing I noticed.

This painting went through a lot of changes: There is much underneath it. Sometimes I get disgusted and paint over what I already painted. As you can plainly see there are more paintings stacked up behind and in front of this one: I'm one of those stackers. Not a good thing but true!

After I finally finished this painting, I felt like it was time to quit on it for I liked the composition far better than when I started on it. If you paint, I'd love to hear your feedback: Are you like me in painting over a painting because you don't like what you decided to do to it?

Sherry Hill

1 comment:

  1. Sherry, I love this painting! Would like to see it closer. You are a true artist. I just played around with it for a while... Bob Ross style. But I had fun -- until it made me sick.

    ReplyDelete