Popular Posts

Sunday, March 20, 2011

DOGS DRESSED UP LIKE THE "FLYING MONKEYS!"





Someone sent me this strange picture of these dogs dressed up like the flying monkeys in the movie, “The Wizard of Oz.” My first thought was not of the dogs but those terrifying monkeys in the movie: They scared me far more than the wicked witch ever could have! It was their grabbing people and Toto that frightened the wits out of me and also the fact that some of those monkeys were human-sized [of course they were but as a five year old I was clueless.]

If you were to ask me how many times I have seen “The Wizard of Oz,” I couldn’t tell you except to say, “Too many!” When I was teaching school, my co-teachers and I would show the movie when we studied weather: Fit in perfectly. And there I was watching those flying monkeys again and after all that time, they were still frightening--not as much but nonetheless, frightening. But I noticed that I liked the flying monkeys’ jackets.

 If you were to know me, you’d know that I have several jackets very similar to them. But mine came from a former shop here in town that sold out of the norm type clothing: I just had to have three jackets of course. When I wear one of them, I wonder if others perceive it as a "flying monkey" jacket? I do and try not to think of the monkeys.



Back to the picture of these pitiful dogs dressed as the flying monkeys: I’ll bet that they were absolutely hysterical at having those outfits put on them. Look at their faces—they look scared out of their wits! I can relate. I know that feeling all too well. But I do like the jackets!



Sherry Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment