Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"EVERYONE GETS FRUSTRATED!"


‘EVERYONE GETS FRUSTRATED!”

Everyone gets frustrated—frustrated at one thing or another, frustrated at a person or a situation. I know that I do and get myself into such a dither that I get haywire.  And my frustration is usually about something that I can’t figure out how to fix but then that is the definition of the word frustration.

There is no way I can fix electrical things and that really upsets me. But I never learned how to do it and didn’t want to in the first place. Sometimes I get so mad that I want to take a hammer to an electrical object and just smash it;have you ever felt that way? Have I ever done it? No. I did contain myself for I knew that if I smashed it, I’d either get electrocuted or have to buy a new object or both. Neither of those things is on my top ten list of things I want.

When it comes to people, now there is a real point of frustration if ever! Yes, some situations can be worked out by talking or by doing—it might take a lot of both but usually it can be solved. But then there are those people with whom you can’t work out a frustration with and you are left perplexed for a long time. Has happened to me and right now it is again: I can’t solve it no matter what I  have tried. And the more I think about it, the more frustrated I become. Solution? Quit stewing about it for there is no control over some people who cause frustration.

I am sure you have wasted a lot of time worrying about a situation or a person and have come to the realization that it’s a moot point. I have.  Not only has time been wasted but blood pressure goes up and the worrying can make you physically sick. You can’t change other people. You can attempt to not get frustrated but it’s a human trait. And as for things making you upset, well sometimes it’s just better to remove yourself from them and let time take care of it or someone who knows how to fix them.

If I have learned anything concerning frustration is to attempt to try to fix whatever and if that doesn’t work, I remove myself from it or the person who is upsetting me. The realization is that it does no good to deal with frustration for if you do, it will get the best of you. Deal with it? Remove yourself from it. If it’s meant to get fixed, it will happen.

Sherry Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment