Popular Posts

Monday, March 23, 2015

The other day I picked some forsythia with buds on it as well as some quince as 
well as a few jonquils that hadn't bloomed yet. Came inside and put them in a glass vase. Now they're starting to bloom. And then I remembered something my mom had said 
and I just stood there and laughed to myself. When I was little, she would tell me
that she'd do this and bring them in and "force them to bloom." I thought she
meant that she literally grabbed a hold of them and shook them." Funny how
things like that stay in the back of your mind and then it comes forward.
And it’s also funny about how many expressions we have in the English language. “Force a bud to bloom is one of them.”
Sherry Hill

Copyright © 2015
Sherry Hill

All Rights Reserved


Photo from Microsoft Word's clip art.

No comments:

Post a Comment