Popular Posts

Friday, March 15, 2013

"TODAY IS THE IDES OF MARCH"

Today is The Ides of March and it's a date in history that was not a good one at all--especially for Julius Caesar. He didn't listen to the soothsayer who told him "Beware the Ides of March." And Caesar's best friend Brutus took his life. Caesar's last words were "Et tu Brute?" [You too Brutus?] Others in the senate also helped slay Caesar. Of course it was as it has been in history, a power play--a tragic one at that which has been repeated over and over down through the centuries.

As for me, I am always cautious on this date. Always.

Two years ago, I had a series of three bad things happen that eventually led me taking to my bed. The first thing that happened was a man in a truck by the side of my house shouting "Stay there pretty girl." I was visible and thought he was talking to me. After he said that several times, he drove off the hill. Curious me went over to the other side of my car to see who the man was talking to; I saw it all right. There stood a huge pit bull and I didn't think I'd make it back to my front door. But I did.

Two hours later, a one-eyed possum appeared in my yard and it was daylight. Whoever sees one-eyed possums? I can raise my hand in that I did that day.

Feeling sort of shaky, I took the two incidents in stride, did some things around the house and then decided to fix a steak for dinner. As I was frying it in a pan, some grease dripped onto the burner and fire jumped up! Had to put out the fire and remove the semi-cooked steak, clean up the mess and by then I was exhausted. Fearing that worse would descend upon me, I took to my bed. And I guess you could say it was a good thing considering what had happened that day--March 15, The Ides of March!

If you are out and about today, be on the safe side. Why risk trouble? After all, it is March 15.
Beware! I sure do.

Sherry Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment