Popular Posts

Monday, March 5, 2018

'DREARY WEATHER MAKES ME SAD."




I'm not sad in that with my other post, I am happy in that I've written another Amazon Kindle E book which I shared with you--but the weather here has been either rainy or dreary of late. The sun has shown maybe a total of 6 days in over a month. Those gray dreary days seem to sap any "get up and go" that I have and it affects me into days of accomplishing about nothing.

Do those dreary days affect you as well?

Granted here right now it's in the 40's temperature-wise but it's another gray day with no sun shining.
And we've had too much rain--way more than any past February in years and yes, I know it's now March, Daffodils are in bloom as it the forsythia and my yard is full of clumps of "wild onions"--well they're called that or "wild garlic." Of the latter, I always go outside, yank some up and smell that onion-like smell and why? I always have even as a kid and still do plus I like that smell. Aside from that and picking daffodils and forsythia to bring inside, the dreariness continues here.

I suppose [as I always do,] that things could be far worse: I could be living in a country that has monsoons , one that has constant snow.or one that has months of darkness and perhaps I shouldn't complain. Shouldn't complain that March is also a month with a mind of its own for to me, it's downright fickle.........too windy, sunny, rainy or an off and on snowstorm. In fact , there is snow in our forecast but as to how much we shall receive is uncertain--just like March.

I got off tangent which is one of my biggest faults, for I was talking about dreary days and the sadness they bring  and not the month of March even if it does seem to fall into that category in a way. Hope you're smiling. :)

On this very day I have accomplished a lot but it's been in the form of making phone calls, appointments ,and the disgusting job of paying the ever monthly utility bills. But have I been outside as of yet? That answer would be a definite "No." But the day isn't over yet so that might change.

Days like this and those I spoke of are a part of life, and not much can be done about them except cope. Google what Mark Twain said of weather for he said in so many words..."A great deal has been said about the weather but not much has been done about it" and oh, he was so right.

Maybe today will turn out to be not so dreary: Who knows?
Meanwhile, my feelings are the same about days like this.

Sherry Hill

© Copyright 2018
All Rights Reserved
Sherry Hill



*Photo from Microsoft Word



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete